Without A Single Thought Of The Genocide

At the end of June Mick Hall wrote in Organized Rage that:

Across Canada today many people will be celebrating the 150th anniversary of the signing of Canada's confederation without a thought of the genocide inflicted on first nation people

“That is what Canadians will be celebrating today, the theft of 99.8% of our land, leaving us on reserves that make up only 0.2% of the territories given us by the Creator.” --Art Manuel 

The Kent Monkman painting The Scream, in which Royal Canadian Mounted Police join nuns and priests in prying First Nations children away from their panicked parents
Jay Soule aka Chippiwar is a Native multimedia artist from the Chippewas of the Thames First Nation (Deshkaan Ziibing Anishinaabeg) located twenty minutes south west of London, Ontario on the north bank of the Thames River.

Jay creates art under the name Chippewar which represents the hostile relationship that Canada's native people's have with the government of the land they have resided in since their creation.

Below is some of his work, they're a reminder while Canada is celebrating the 150th anniversary of the signing of Canada’s confederation. Native people have often been treated appallingly by the Federal government.

More on this here.
Here is a more upbeat article.
O Canada, never stop being weird

Share This:

Anthony McIntyre

Former IRA prisoner, spent 18 years in Long Kesh. Free Speech advocate, writer, historian, humanist, and researcher.

No Comment to " Without A Single Thought Of The Genocide "

  • To add an Emoticons Show Icons
  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like